Sunday, August 29, 2010

Horrible at Tennis, Part 1

In an attempt to live healthy, active lifestyles, Cale and I decided to play some tennis today. Inspiration hit this week when I was handcuffed to the elliptical at 24 Hour Fitness, some professional tennis match was on. U.S. Open? I don't know. Something.

We made our way down to Irvine, widely known for their amazing master-planned tennis courts, and found the courts at "the Castle Park" to be completely empty! Success!

I wish I could say the same for our "match." Cale, someone I would consider naturally athletic, and therefore the opposite of me, didn't seem too rusty after not having played in at least several months if not longer. I, on the other hand, (unnatural athlete... see? Clever title) struggled to return the ball more than half of the time. I was eventually hitting them back, but the aim and accuracy were weak.

I did a good job at not channeling my inner John McEnroe, but there were a handful of times I wanted to smash my racket on the ground.












Source

We played for about 45 minutes or an hour. In the end it didn't matter that we stunk pretty bad. It was sunny, and beautiful out, and we enjoyed the weather, had fun, and got a little sweaty. I worked out hard Monday through Friday this week, and decided to have some "active rest" this weekend and go on walks, be outside, play tennis, and give my very sore muscles some time to recover.

We're real healthy kids.

But we may or may not have had Chinese food for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment